“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Sweepstakes”
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. You must have ACCESS TO THE Internet and a valid email address to participate. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES BY BINDING ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 9 BELOW.
- Sponsor: Fandango, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 W. 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
- Eligibility: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Sweepstakes” ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of 9/30/13. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, Lions Gate Films Inc. (“Lionsgate”), Turtle Bay Resort, Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaii Tourism Authority, O’ahu Visitors Bureau, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying prizes, and/or each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, as well as persons involved in the creation, development or production of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of U.S. residency upon request prior to prize award. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 and ends at 09:00:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). There will be eight (8) separate and distinct Sweepstakes Periods (“Sweepstakes Periods” or “Weekly Periods”) and one (1) Grand Prize Period during the Promotion Period, as set forth in the chart below. The prize drawing for each Sweepstakes Period is a separate sweepstakes and an entry in one period will not roll over to be included in a drawing for a subsequent entry period, with the exception that all entries from the Promotion Period will be included in the Grand Prize drawing. You must enter each Sweepstakes Period separately to be eligible to win for that Sweepstakes Period. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Period Begin Date & Time End Date & Time Weekly Period #1 09:00:00 am PT on 10/1/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 10/7/13 Weekly Period #2 12:00:00 am PT on 10/8/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 10/14/13 Weekly Period #3 12:00:00 am PT on 10/15/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 10/21/13 Weekly Period #4 12:00:00 am PT on 10/22/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 10/28/13 Weekly Period #5 12:00:00 am PT on 10/29/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 11/4/13 Weekly Period #6 12:00:00 am PT on 11/5/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 11/11/13 Weekly Period #7 12:00:00 am PT on 11/12/13 11:59:59 pm PT on 11/18/13 Weekly Period #8 12:00:00 am PT on 11/19/13 09:00:00 am PT on 11/26/13 Grand Prize Period 09:00:00 am PT on 10/1/13 09:00:00 am PT on 11/26/13
There are three (3) ways persons can enter the Sweepstakes: 1) completing a ticket purchase online via www.Fandango.com or the Fandango App; 2) online via www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com (each a “Website” and collectively “Websites”), or 3) via a free entry (defined below). Entrants can also earn “District ID” additional entries as described below. DIRECTIONS FOR ENTRY ONLINE VIA WWW.FANDANGO.COM OR THE FANDANGO APP: Navigate the internet to www.fandango.com, or access the Fandango App on your mobile device* and purchase at least one (1) Fandango movie ticket for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire during the Promotion Period and you will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize drawing per purchase transaction. Limit of one (1) entry per person per purchase transaction of a The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ticket regardless of the number of email addresses or Fandango accounts an entrant may have or the number of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire tickets purchased in a single purchase transaction. Limit five (5) entries into the Sweepstakes in total per person, per email address, per household, per day regardless of method of entry (or combination thereof).
*IMPORTANT: CALLING PLAN, CELLULAR PROVIDER OR CARRIER MESSAGE (INCLUDING ERROR MESSAGE), DATA AND MINUTE RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO CHECK YOUR MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE CARRIER’S RATE PLAN BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA PURCHASING ONE (1) THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE MOVIE TICKET ON THE FANDANGO APP. WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY--FREE ENTRY: For a free entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Catching Fire Sweepstakes Entry” in the subject line and your first and last name, zip code, email address and Sweepstakes Period for which you are entering in the body of the email. To be included in a random drawing (see Rule 5 below) for a particular Sweepstakes Period, the email must be sent and received by Administrator prior to the end of that particular Sweepstake Period. Limit five (5) entries into the Sweepstakes in total per person, per email address, per household, per day regardless of method of entry (or combination thereof).
DIRECTIONS FOR ENTRY VIA WWW.FANDANGOCATCHINGFIRESWEEPS.COM:
Navigate the internet to www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com and complete the online entry form with your first and last name, zip code, and email address. Limit of one (1) entry via this method per person per day during the Promotion Period regardless of the number of email addresses a person may have. Limit five (5) entries into the Sweepstakes in total per person, per email address, per household, per day regardless of method of entry (or combination thereof).
Carefully read these Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules and agree to receive occasional email communications from Sponsor. You may unsubscribe from receiving email communications at any time. Signing up for the free service from Fandango will not increase your chances of winning the Sweepstakes. Click “Submit” to receive your entry (“Base Entry”).
“District ID” Additional Entry: During the Promotion Period, you may obtain additional entries by either creating a District ID on www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com (if you have not done so already) or logging into and accessing your existing District ID by following the instructions on www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com. You must have either a Facebook account or a Twitter account to create a District ID. After creating your District ID or logging into and accessing your existing District ID, complete the online entry form as outlined above and click “Submit”. For the avoidance of doubt, you must either create your District ID or log into and access your existing District ID by clicking the appropriate link on www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com and following the instructions. You will NOT receive an additional entry if you do not click the link provided on www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com allowing you to create a District ID or log into and access an existing District ID.
Limit of one (1) additional entry per person per day during the Promotion Period regardless of the number of email addresses, District IDs, Facebook accounts or Twitter accounts a person may have. Limit five (5) entries into the Sweepstakes in total per person, per email address, per household, per day regardless of method of entry (or combination thereof). In order to receive the one (1) additional entry, you must create (or log into and access) your District ID immediately preceding completion of the online entry form. For the avoidance of doubt, if you complete the online entry form without creating/logging into and accessing a District ID immediately beforehand (e.g., you complete the online entry form and later return on the same day to create/log into and access a District ID) you only receive one (1) Base Entry and you will not receive one (1) additional entry for that day.
Limit of five (5) total entries into the Sweepstakes of any kind per person per day during the Promotion Period regardless of the method of entry and the number of email addresses, Fandango accounts, District IDs, Facebook accounts or Twitter accounts a person may have. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) PT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. PT (except for the first day of the Promotion Period [10/1/13], which begins at 9:00:00 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT, and the last day of the Promotion Period [11/26/13], which begins at 12:00:00 a.m. PT and ends at 9:00:00 a.m. PT).
Multiple Entries by an individual person in excess of the preceding limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of the person and void all entries related to such conduct. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of entry or other artifice or device to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries submitted/received using such means will be voided and the individual disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of obtaining additional District ID entries is also prohibited and any entries submitted/received using such means will be voided and the individual disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, garbled, corrupted, inaccessible or misdirected entries or for additional District ID entries not received or recorded for any reason; and, all such entries are void.
You may enter this Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, and/or any other sweepstakes, contest(s) or promotions sponsored by Fandango, but you may only win one (1) Grand Prize from Fandango within any sixty (60) day period.
- Random Drawings: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected on or about 12/7/13 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential Weekly First Prize winners and Potential Weekly Second Prize winners will be selected on or about the first business day following each Weekly Period from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Period except for Weekly Period #8 in which potential Weekly First Prize winners and potential Weekly Second Prize winners will be selected on or about 12/7/13 from among all eligible entries received during Weekly Period #8. Entries for a given Weekly Period will NOT be carried forward to subsequent Weekly Periods. Drawings will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Notification: Individual initially selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Administrator via e-mail address and/or telephone number submitted at entry on or about 12/9/13. Individuals initially selected as potential Weekly First and Second Prize winners will be notified by Administrator via e-mail address and/or telephone number submitted at entry on or about the second business day following the end of the applicable Weekly Period except for Weekly Period #8 in which potential Weekly Period #8 winners will be notified on or about 12/9/13. If potential Grand Prize Winner or potential Weekly First or Second Prize Winner does not reply to such notification within five (5) business days and/or if the e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable after two (2) attempts, such Grand Prize Winner or Weekly First or Second Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner or Weekly First or Second Prize Winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period or Sweepstakes Period, respectively. Potential Grand Prize Winner and Guest (defined below) will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return within five (5) business days of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Indemnification, and, where imposing such conditions is legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, “Grand Prize Winner Documents”). If Grand Prize Winner Documents are not returned to Administrator within the specified time period, or if any potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, prize may be forfeited and potential winner may be disqualified. If potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the applicable Sweepstakes Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor, Lionsgate and Sponsor’s agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize(s) for affected drawing(s) by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received for affected drawing(s) prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize(s) in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on www.FandangoCatchingFireSweeps.com. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries (including additional District ID Entries); or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds of Winning:
Grand Prize (1 winner): one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a five (5) night trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to O’ahu, Hawaii, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire filming location (“Trip”). Trip consists of: roundtrip economy class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest on Hawaiian Airlines from a Hawaiian Airlines gateway city near winner’s residence (airport to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a Honolulu, Hawaii area airport (airport to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (unless Grand Prize Winner lives on the island of O’ahu, Hawaii, in which case ground transportation may be provided and difference in ARV not awarded); five (5) consecutive nights’ hotel accommodations for Grand Prize Winner and Guest in one (1) standard, double occupancy room (room and tax only) at the Turtle Bay Resort located on the North Shore of O’ahu (or a similar hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (ARV $2,000.00 USD); round-trip ground transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest between Honolulu, Hawaii area airport and the Turtle Bay Resort (ARV $500.00 USD); and a choice of surf lessons for Grand Prize Winner and Guest (ARV $300.00 USD) or a Polynesian Cultural Center tour for Grand Prize Winner and Guest (ARV $254.00 USD). Total combined ARV of the Grand Prize: between five thousand one hundred fifty four dollars and zero cents ($5,154.00 USD) and five thousand two hundred dollars and zero cents ($5,200.00 USD) depending upon Grand Prize Winner’s choice between surf lessons or Polynesian Cultural Center tour, as described above.
If Grand Prize Winner does not have a guest accompany him/her on the Trip, the Grand Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for one (1) traveler (i.e., the Grand Prize Winner); and, in such event, any remainder of the Grand Prize shall be forfeited and no substitute prize, additional or alternative compensation or difference in ARV will be awarded to Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must follow all instructions of Sponsor relative to the Grand Prize, including the Trip, and, should Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest fail to adhere to such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, anti-social or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator, in their sole discretion), Sponsor will, without further notice or warning, eject Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest from any or all Grand Prize element(s) and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion so as to protect its rights, without liability or other obligation to Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest.
Actual value of Trip may vary based on point of departure, dates of travel and fare/rate fluctuation. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Grand Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability. Accommodations and travel are for up to two (2) persons sharing one (1) accommodation. Trip is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the Valid Dates (as defined below). Grand Prize Winner and Guest will not earn frequent flier miles, award points or other perquisites in conjunction with Grand Prize travel.
Change fees and fare differences may apply. All tickets are subject to availability. Winner and guest will depart from one of Hawaiian Airlines’ 11 gateway cities closest to their home.
Where the Hawaiian Airline gateway city is not within a reasonable driving distance from winner’s home, the Oahu Visitors Bureau will provide the roundtrip air, from the closest major airport to the winner’s home as deemed by the Oahu Visitors Bureau, connecting winner and guest to one of the 11 Hawaiian Airlines gateway cities. The flight itinerary will be at the discretion of the Oahu Visitors Bureau. Winner will be responsible for any additional cost for fees, taxes, baggage or other travel expense that may be incurred with the connecting flights. Once the flights have been booked, changes to flight itinerary will not be allowed. The Oahu Visitors Bureau and Hawaiian Airlines will not be responsible for any costs that occur due to flight cancellations, delays or any other unforeseen travel changes.
Additional restrictions may apply. Grand Prize winner will be contacted by Administrator to coordinate all travel arrangements. Airfare requests must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to intended date of travel. Airfare cannot be resold or used for promotions or any purpose other than completing the Grand Prize as described herein. Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall each be allotted two (2) standard bags with fee waived. Oversized bags will be charged at the regular, published rate. Grand Prize Winner and Guest will depart from the Hawaiian Airlines gateway city closest to Grand Prize Winner’s residence. Where a Hawaiian Airlines gateway city is not within 150 miles from Grand Prize Winner’s residence, roundtrip airfare for Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be provided from the closest major airport to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, connecting Grand Prize Winner and Guest to a Hawaiian Airlines gateway city. The exact connecting flight itinerary will be at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and once the airfare has been booked, changes to flight itinerary will not be permitted.
The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to Trip not specified herein, including but not limited to tips, taxes, travel insurance, luggage fees, parking fees, food and beverages, excursions, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, service charges and hotel incidentals. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including same departure date, destination and return date or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Guest of Grand Prize Winner must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older. If Grand Prize Winner’s Guest is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Grand Prize Winner must be such Guest’s parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner and Guest (or Grand Prize Winner if Guest is a minor child/ward of Grand Prize Winner) must sign and return a Release of Liability and Indemnification form, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law prior to issuance of travel documents. Trip must take place between December 1, 2013 and December 15, 2014 (“Valid Dates”); if Grand Prize Winner is unavailable to travel during the Valid Dates, Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, Administrator and other “Released Parties” (as defined below) shall have no liability to such person. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor’s approval. Sponsor and its agencies shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and expenses or accommodations necessitated by same. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as valid photo identification. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Grand Prize Winner for the fair market value of Grand Prize in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the calendar year in which it was won. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar Grand Prize (or Grand Prize element) of comparable or greater value for any reason. Grand Prize cannot be transferred by Grand Prize Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Grand Prize by Grand Prize Winner. If Grand Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any delays in the award of the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize winner and his/her Guest assume the risk of any inherent or unforeseen dangers associated with travel.
THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF THE GRAND PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR GUEST FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF THE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE GRAND PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND THE RELEASED PARTIES’ REASONABLE CONTROL
Weekly First Prize (up to 1,600 winners; up to 200 winners per Weekly Period): Each Weekly First Prize winner will receive one (1) Fandango Promotional Code (“Promo Code”)** that can be used to purchase two (2) movie tickets at a maximum value of $15.00 USD per ticket on www.fandango.com valid until 3/31/14 (ARV $30.00 USD). Total ARV of all Weekly First Prizes: forty eight thousand dollars and zero cents ($48,000.00 USD).
Weekly Second Prize (up to 16,000 winners; up to 2,000 winners per Weekly Period): Each Weekly Second Prize winner will receive one (1) Amazon.com promotional code (“Amazon Code”)*** to be used towards the purchase of a HD movie download of The Hunger Games (2012) from http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001387591 (ARV $17.99 USD). Total ARV of all Weekly Second Prizes: two hundred eighty seven thousand eight hundred forty dollars and zero cents ($287,840.00 USD).
TOTAL MAXIMUM ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES: between three hundred forty thousand nine hundred ninety four dollars and zero cents ($340,994.00 USD) and three hundred forty one thousand forty dollars and zero cents ($341,040.00 USD) depending upon certain Grand Prize elements ultimately selected by Grand Prize Winner, as set forth above.
THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Odds of winning dependent upon total number of eligible entries received during the each Sweepstakes Period and Promotion Period. Limit of one (1) Weekly Prize per person per Weekly Period.
Any costs, expenses, service fees and incidentals not specified herein are the winners’ sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission (which may be granted or withheld for any reason) or where required by law. Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Should the actual retail value of any prize be less than the approximate retail value of such prize, winner will not receive the difference in cash.
**Fandango Promo Code is good for two (2) movie tickets, up to a $15 maximum value per ticket. Promo Code is good for one-time use only and expires on 3/31/2014. Only valid for purchases made at www.fandango.com or via a Fandango app for Fandango partner theaters in the U.S. and cannot be redeemed directly at any Fandango partner theater box office or via the 1-800-Fandango voice telephone service. Promo Code has no cash value, may not be combined with any other offers or promotions, will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not for resale. If movie ticket with Fandango’s convenience fee included is more than maximum value of the Promo Code, customer must pay the remaining balance with preferred method of payment. Any price difference between movie ticket purchased and maximum value of the Fandango Promo Code will not be refunded. The redemption of a Fandango Promo Code is subject to Fandango’s terms and conditions at www.fandango.com/termsofuse.aspx and www.fandango.com/PurchasePolicy.aspx.
***Amazon Code is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by Amazon.com, Inc.
- Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree, for themselves and for their heirs, executors and administrator(s), (a) to release, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Lionsgate Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu Visitors Bureau, Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau, Hawaii Tourism Authority, Hawaiian Airlines, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, Facebook and Twitter (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, liability, damage, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel related thereto), (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes related activity, and (c) to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize suppliers that are sent along with Prizes. By entering, entrants also authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Force Majeure: The failure of the Released Parties to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Released Parties (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- BINDING ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: We believe that arbitration is a faster, more convenient and less expensive way to resolve any disputes or disagreements that you may have related to this Sweepstakes or your interactions with the Sponsor. Therefore, pursuant to these Official Rules, if you have any dispute or disagreement with the Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes, the Prizes, Fandango Mobile Alerts, or other aspect of your interaction with the Sponsor or the website or service where this Sweepstakes appears, including any data or information you may provide to the Sponsor or that the Sponsor may gather in connection with such use, interaction or transaction (collectively, “Fandango Transactions or Relationships”), you will not have the right to pursue a claim in court, or have a jury decide the claim and you will not have the right to bring or participate in any class action or similar proceeding in court or in arbitration. By entering the Sweepstakes or engaging in any other Fandango Transactions or Relationships, you agree to binding arbitration as provided below.
a) the Arbitration shall be conducted before a single arbitrator selected in accordance with the Applicable Rules or by mutual agreement between you and the Sponsor (the “Arbitrator”);
b) the Arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the validity, interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Official Rules (including these arbitration provisions), including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of the Official Rules is void or voidable;
c) the Arbitration shall be held either: (i) at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Applicable Rules (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for you and does not require travel in excess of 100 miles from your home or place of business); or (ii) at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and the Sponsor; or (iii) at your election, if the only claims in the arbitration are asserted by you and are for less than $10,000 in aggregate, by telephone or by written submission;
d) the Arbitrator (i) shall apply internal laws of the State of New York consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, or, to the extent (if any) that federal law prevails, shall apply the law of the United States, irrespective of any conflict of law principles; (ii) shall entertain any motion to dismiss, motion to strike, motion for judgment on the pleadings, motion for complete or partial summary judgment, motion for summary adjudication, or any other dispositive motion consistent with New York or federal rules of procedure, as applicable; (iii) shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; and (iv) shall have authority to award any form of legal or equitable relief, provided, however, that in no event shall either party be entitled to damages in excess of actual damages or to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages;
e) the Arbitration can resolve only your and/or the Sponsor’s individual claims, and the Arbitrator shall have no authority to entertain or arbitrate any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated;
f) the Arbitrator shall issue a written award supported by a statement of decision setting forth the Arbitrator’s complete determination of the dispute and the factual findings and legal conclusions relevant to it (an “Award”). Judgment upon the Award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets;
g) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of Arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, the Sponsor will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the Arbitration as the Arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive, regardless of the outcome of the Arbitration, unless the Arbitrator determines that your claim(s) were frivolous or asserted in bad faith;
h) in the event you recover an Award greater than the Sponsor’s last written settlement offer, the Arbitrator shall also have the right to include in the Award the Sponsor’s reimbursement of your reasonable and actual out-of-pocket attorneys’ fees associated with the Arbitration, but the Sponsor shall in all events bear its own attorneys’ fees;
i) with the exception of subpart (e) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Applicable Rules, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (e) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor the Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute, and must instead bring any claims in a state or Federal court of competent jurisdiction located in New York, New York; and
(j) Notwithstanding the foregoing arbitration provisions, at your option, you may bring any claim you have against the Sponsor in your local small claims court within the United States, if your claim is within such court’s jurisdictional limit; provided that such court does not have the authority to entertain any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated in such proceeding.
- Winners' List: For any legally required winner’s list, send an email to email@example.com with “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line. All such requests must be received 12/31/13.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
Lionsgate, Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu Visitors Bureau, Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau, Hawaii Tourism Authority and Hawaiian Airlines, and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes or the selection of winners.
// End of Official Rules //
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” Motion Picture Artwork™ and © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.